(Because it was a loooong week guys.) #cockroaches #spottedinapartment #dontlettheHIGHLYEVOLVEDBUGSgetyoudown
**Update: Alise also has a headcold to go with her side of (so-far-unspotted-so-maybe-nonexistent?) cockroaches.
- Hawai’i’s Kīlauea volcano erupted this week, from both the Halema’uma’u Crater and the Pu’u ‘Ō’ō vent (throwin’ jargon like you’ve never seen). Check out the National Park Service’s aptly titled update: “What’s Going on With the Volcano?” I’ve always wanted to hike Kīlauea, but I think I’ll do it at a less…exciting time.
- Military women replaced models at a NYFW show, and my heart absolutely grew three sizes that day. This is what fashion is supposed to do: empower, not alienate. (Speaking of fashion, Refinery29, an all-time favorite of mine, is launching an all new, fashion-only site. Of course during NYFW. Those gluttons for punishment.)
- The Man Repeller debates: Heels or flats? It’s more complicated than you think.
- Essie Button makes me want to take better care of my skin.
- This National Geographic Longread about how our diets have changed as humans have evolved is incredibly interesting.
Short list this week because school is back in full swing, but here’s a playlist to cheer you up: