teeny tiny succulents at a farmer’s market in DuPont Circle that I wish I could bring back to MO with me.
In true DC fashion, this week has been broiling and action-packed; here’s what I was reading on the metro this week via Pocket:
- One of my favorite bloggers is studying in Florence for six months to do research for her doctorate thesis in history, and she took a detour to Paris and Paris’ gorgeous public parks.
- The Man Repeller once again espouses the best belief that ballet flats > heels, especially in walkable cities (aka DC I see you).
- Danielle LaPorte’s “Don’t Take Any Sh*t” pep talk is my absolute favorite.
- How to waste time properly (read: to improve your creativity).
(Side note: I’m writing this while listening to this week’s ‘Call Your Girlfriend’ podcast [titled: Free Boobin’] and they discuss in detail their insane love affair with Stanley Tucci…a love affair I confess to having as well. Just look at him!)
And no, I couldn’t find a smaller picture of Stanley Tucci. Could I have tried harder? Maybe. But it is what it is. *shrugs*
- Summer salads from Love and Lemons that make me want to love salads (even though I’m always hungry approximately 1 hr later).
- Naturally, The Man Repeller captures exactly how I feel about all this “fast-fashion,” without making me feel shameful for having Forever 21 bookmarked.
- Did you read the review I wrote for a book about SPACE AND MARS AND COOL THINGS?
- I am *desperate* to get back into more permanent housing (my apartment in CoMo!) to bake these milk chocolate and cream cookies. (Also: is Joy the Baker my biggest cooking crush? Yes.)
- Indeed, I have pre-ordered “Go Set A Watchman,” at Barnes and Noble. Review to come as soon as I finish it!
Have a healthy and happy week!