I took this photo right before a storm swept over Lake Michigan, during Taste of Chicago. I miss this city this weekend. Summers in Chicago were always brisk and heady and full of sunshine.
Happy Sunday! My friend Lulu is in town from New York, so we’re doing as many D.C. things as possible – luckily she’s been here before, so we can skip the touristy stuff (mostly) and enjoy the humid, long summer days. We visited the National Museum of African American History and Culture, which I hadn’t been able to get to before (Tickets go fast!) and spent Saturday night drinking and introducing her to all of my favorite people in D.C. (or most of them). Good friends are the best, especially when you can pick up right where you left off.
Here’s what I’ve been reading this week:
- Healthy substitutes for cravings. Not that I’m one to ignore a craving, but hey, I’ve been putting work in on my yoga mat and sometimes I want to make sure it sticks around.
- I think I want to skip the part where I find the apartment and just decorate one…hence, these Target design finds.
- I did this to get my current job, but it definitely takes some guts: How to Email a Company When You Don’t Know Anybody.
- Per usual, really into this new Glossier launch – Birthday Balm Dot Com
- I could be my best self in this romper, AND it’s on sale.
- As a rule, I don’t usually do anything to my hair, but I’d make an exception for some of these v easy ideas.
- Did you see this NYT story about Rotterdam? I’m loving their “Changing Climate, Changing Cities” series.
- I like this post about self-worth. I’m not shy about telling people that I deal on and off with anxiety, and how it’s shaped parts of who I am. That doesn’t mean I’m not worthy of love, understanding, and friendship.
Have a happy week friends. I really like you.