In honor of (one of) the greatest seasons with one of the shortest shelf lives, here’s what I plan to get up to this fall:
- Watch playoff baseball at a local bar (Go Cubbies!)
- Make spiked apple cider
- Frolic in one of D.C.’s many public lands
- Finally grab a cup of coffee at the new Blue Bottle in Georgetown
- Get out of the city on a fall hike
- Start my own sourdough starter*
- Buy some cute fall booties
- Hand out candy on Halloween + watch spooky movies (Hocus Pocus anyone?)
What are you going to do this fall? Let me know in the comments, and if you’re in the DC/MD/VA area, send me some ideas!
*Look, I started this, and it’s really not going well. It smells weird. It’s really goopy. I don’t know guys. I may not be a good sourdough starter mom.